Friday 26 October 2007

Rushup Edge - 21st October 2007

At last I've made it to the Peak District. Having spent many years climbing and walking in the peaks I know many of the sites quite well from the ground so it was lovely to fly one of them at last. I got a lift up with Keith and Tanya (thanks guys) and driving towards the site we could see a few gliders in the air. The walk up was a lot shorter than it looked and I met Adam, another Dunstable member on the way up.



Had a lovely day flying the ridge from one end to the other and back. It was fairly light conditions but it was relaxed flying, great views and nice to see so many gliders in the air - don't they look pretty! I also met up with Andy who I met in Greece back in May this year.

Can't wait for another opportuntity to fly in the peaks, but with winter coming it may be some time.

See more photos on flickr

2 comments:

raveydv said...

An enjoyable read mate, thanks for the link! I'll add you to my links, wanna reciprocate and hopefully cash in on each other's traffic?
Thanks again - Dave

Mat said...

Already added you to my list of links - right there at the top.